Wednesday, 2nd November, 2011
Newcastle United have joined the race for young Banfield striker Facundo Ferreyra.
The 20-year-old has been tipped for a bright future in the game and has already collected a number of admirers in Europe.
Indeed, the likes of Juventus and FC Porto have sent scouts to check on Ferreyra in Argentina and bids are believed to be being prepared in Turin and Porto.
Now Newcastle, who are keen to add to their striking options in January, have also arrived on the scene.
Sources in Argentina suggest the Magpies’ interest in Ferreyra is no secret, but stressed that the English side will find it an expensive operation to win the race for the forward.
The Banfield hitman finished as joint second topscorer at the 2011 South American Youth Championship as Argentina finished third in the tournament.
Ferreyra signed a new contract with Banfield earlier this year, putting pen to paper on a deal which runs until 2014.
- – Levante Highlight La Liga Beauty Despite Barcelona Gulf
- – Loan from Liverpool to Lille Revitalising Joe Cole
- – Champions League: Villarreal v Man City Match Preview
- – Champions League: Lyon v Real Madrid Match Preview
- – Inside Analysis: Examining TV Rights Across Europe