Wednesday, 20th August, 2014
AC Milan vice-president Adrian Galliani has denied reports suggesting that Liverpool have lodged a bid for striker Mario Balotelli.
Liverpool were linked with Balotelli earlier this summer, but the club's boss Brendan Rodgers denied holding an interest in the former Manchester City striker, despite talking up his talents.
It has been claimed today though that Liverpool have slapped in a bid for Balotelli as they seek to sign another striker, with Rodgers having pledged to do all he can to boost the club's attacking options.
But not so says Galliani, despite insisting the door for a transfer remains open until the window slams shut on 1st September.
"At the moment there is no offer that has been received from Liverpool for Balotelli, so there is no negotiation", Galliani told ANSA.
"The market ends on 1st September, we will see."
Milan have been linked with being ready to offload Balotelli this summer for the right price.
The Rossoneri signed the striker from Manchester City in January 2013 for €20m, with his first six months at the club yielding 12 goals in 13 games.