Thursday, 7th July, 2011

The agent of Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi has denied that his client is on his way to Manchester City.

Eastlands’ boss Roberto Mancini is known to be a big fan of the Argentine hitman and it had been claimed that the 26-year-old could be the latest big money signing to land at the Premier League club.

But while interest from City has been welcomed by Lavezzi’s management, a move is not, for the moment, in the offing.



"I have just arrived from Spain and I have read the rumours concerning a possible transfer for my client to Manchester [City]", Alejandro Mazzoni told Radio Kiss Kiss.

"I know that Mancini has declared his admiration for Lavezzi and I am honoured.

"I have been to England recently, but not to negotiate with Manchester City.

"We are not preparing for his departure, he is happy at Napoli.

"At the moment there are no offers, but if there is one, it would be normal."

And Mazzoni confirmed that, if a bid did arrive, it would fall to Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis to make the decision, the striker would not push for a move himself.

"And if an interesting offer does come, it’s up to president De Laurentiis to decide. He has always said that everybody is for sale."


   Latest Features: